Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Front French Braid

It's a cute one today. Perfect for any age! This one is a simple french braid across the front top of the head. 
To create this look you need to first part the hair on the side. Part it farther to the side than you might normally part the hair. Then you need to section off a front portion of hair. To make it simpler so I didn't pull in more hair than I wanted, I put the "extra" hair in a temporary pony.Then you need to do a simple french braid. Do not make it quite as tight as you would normally. If you make it too tight it could disappear into the hair. Once you get to the point where you have no hair left to add, just continue with a regular braid a little bit. Leave the ends loose like the rest of the hair. Put a small  elastic band on the end of the braid. The smaller the better to create less bulge. At this point we removed the rest of the hair from the "temporary" holder and we dampened the hair just enough to scrunch it and blow dry just a little to add some curl. (If you notice in picture #2 her hair is kind of straight and limp looking-but picture 3, 4, & 5 are much fluffier and curlier) Lift a little of the hair up, not all as you will need some hair left down to pin the braid to. You will then pin the braid back behind the ear. Let the hair back down and position it so that you can't tell where the braid is pinned and you can't see the pins. Bobby pins hold best if you put one over the other in kind of an "x" pattern.


She came home from school-hair in tact and extremely happy! She can't wait to learn french braids. I'm not sure how to teach her to french braid her own hair...but we're going to work on it!

Have a GREAT hair day!

2 comments:

  1. Megan wants you to do something to her hair, the next time she stays over. She knows mommy is a lost cause.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be happy to. I've always loved doing hair and makeup...on EVERYONE else. I seem to fail and have less confidence when it comes to doing my own! lol Which by the way...my daughter tells me every week the girls are planning a sleep over, but I'm not sure why it never happens.

    ReplyDelete