Monday, September 12, 2011

New Hours, New "chores"

With all the recent changes at work, I've been asked to change my hours. I used to work early hours 4 days a week. I will now be working "normal" hours 5 days a week. I don't like that I no longer have a 4 day work week, but I love the idea of getting more sleep! I also have NEVER been home on a daily basis to get my kids ready for school. I am very excited for this. This is one time of day I was always stressed at work about. Never knowing if everything really got done, always worried they'd miss the bus. No they weren't home alone, dad was there. I still worried. I still won't be home when they get on the bus, but I'll know they are ready. The other bonus....I get to help my daughter with her hair before school, and eventually it will be makeup too. So today, we did big curly hair. She used to freak out if there was any "bigness" to her hair. She would think that meant it was "frizzy". Thankfully we finally got her to realize there is a difference.


This was a simple one. We love Aussie Sprunch Spray for her curls. Just take a hair dryer on a very low heat setting and scrunch your hair as it is drying. It's easiest if you flip your head over so you're upside down. Always dry the underside of your hair first-otherwise the top WILL be frizzy by the time you get the bottom dry. (Now I guess I should say here-this may not be the case for people with oily straight hair, but it is definitely the case for curly dry hair.) We didn't get quite as much lift as I had hoped for at the top, but I think I didn't scrunch that as well as I should of. 
I'd love to see and hear how your hair turned out if you try this too. She has naturally curly/wavy hair, but this scrunching technique works on most types of hair. The only hair type that I've tried this on where simply doing this technique didn't seem to work was fine straight hair.
I need to leave you with one more photo....she requested to have a silly photo shared! 

Have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I like her curls! She's so lucky to have them! I had them when I was little, and all I have to show for it is a few waves every now and then. Holly had such pretty curls up until last year, when she got her first big haircut. I never dreamed that would be the end of them. It was so sad! I think people with curly hair usually wish for straight, and ones with straight wish for curls.LOL

    ReplyDelete