Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Socks and other small things

Well today is the big day. My baby turns 8. She is a good mix of girly girl and tom boy. She loves to dress up, do her hair, wear make up, and all things sparkly. She also loves to climb trees, play in the mud, and play with snakes (YUCK!) It is a busy day for us, so we gave her the option to open her gifts a day early...she took it. She mostly got clothes. She oohed and aahed over everything. The thing she got the most excited about was "fun socks". We normally buy plain white, they are just much easier to match up! She's been wanting some "fun socks", I just didn't realize how bad she wanted them.
 Excitement of socks! (She was pretty happy about the hat in her hand too)
Who would ever think a couple pair of socks would make someone so happy? It's just great! It makes you just stop and think about all the little things in life we take for granted. Really it's probably those little things that make us the happiest.
Thanking her dad for picking out the perfect socks!
For me, just about anything that makes my kids happy, makes me happy! I love spending one on one time with each of my kids. I love being with my husband, it doesn't matter what we're doing. We could simply be grocery shopping, but when it's just the two of us I couldn't be happier (most days). I love entertaining, and having people come to our home just laughing, conversing, eating, and/or playing games. Oh and a clean house (does that count as a little thing?).

What are the little things that make you happy?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! See what I missed from being offline for so long!! Tell her we said happy late birthday!!

    ReplyDelete