Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tightwads

Being married to a "tightwad" is a pain sometimes.
My "tightwad" husband was instructed he must wear a suit to an upcoming wedding.
To wear suit, you must first OWN a suit. Of course, he did not. Being the "tightwad" that he is, he was unwilling to pay $200 or so for a new suit. He realizes he should own one though. He asked to borrow or buy for a cheap price a suit from anyone who might have one about the size he needs. Noone had one. So, me trying to be helpful, I suggested Goodwill in the town we live in. It's not a huge town, and I don't think the selection is very big at Goodwill. I was thinking, ok he'll see this used suit idea isn't working out, and we'd just go get him the perfect fitting, style, and color new suit. He was so excited at that thought of getting one cheap from Goodwill. Goodwill was a total bomb. No luck at all. He has been unwilling to try anything on before he bought it since we've been married (almost 11 years). He didn't want to pay "full price" or even "sale price" for a new suit so bad that he probably tried on more clothes shopping for this suit than he ever has in his life. Well maybe at least since I have known him. I bet he tried on about 20 pair of slacks though. His next idea, lets go to another town and check their Goodwill's. We went to 3 more Goodwill stores in that other town. He probably in all tried on over 100 suit jackets. He tried on probably 5 full suits. He did end up getting a suit. It's not the one we would pick out, had we went to buy a new one. It probably could fit just a little better also, but for $10 I don't think we did too bad.


The "tightwad" was making silly faces and poses as I was trying to get one shot!

Since the groom is also an ac/dc fan, my "tightwad" asked if he could just wear this instead. :)



1 comment:

  1. Ha!! Cute!:-)) I get sick thinking about spending $200 on ANYTHING!! So tell him he's not alone!LOL

    ReplyDelete