Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What's your "thing"?

All my life people have asked "what's your thing?". "What is your special talent?" I could never ever answer that until I began my "working" life. I realized, I have common sense-which is not always so common, I have an amazing memory, a quick eye, and I learn quickly (retaining what I learn).
I am the trainer at work. I don't think one day goes by where someone doesn't ask me how to do something. I love being the trainer. I love sharing my knowledge. What I don't love is when someone asks me how to do something, and then they tell me I'm wrong. Maybe not in those words, but they argue in some small way with me. Sometimes I just want to say (or scream): "if you didn't want my answer, then why did you even ask?!" If I am wrong or explaining something wrong, I want to know. But when I am right-arguing just irritates me. I don't like not being correct or making mistakes-but it happens. I have no problem admitting I've screwed up. I am not perfect and will be the first person to admit that.
So that being said, I'd like to believe that I am not the only person this happens to, but maybe I am (more proof of my imperfections). Have you ever had days where no matter what is said or done, it just makes you mad? Someone could smile at you and it just makes you mad? I guess that's an indication of the kind of day I am having today. I don't want to answer another question. I don't want one more person to argue with me after they ask me a question. I don't want one more person to make me feel insignificant-even if I am! I don't want a person (that I work with) to learn one more thing differently than me and NOT SHARE her new information! I can't help anyone do something right if the way I learn it is wrong. I can't teach or help anyone else if you don't give me all the tools I need to do it.

Yep this turned into a "venting" blog. At least I started out positive and sharing something great about myself! (Talking good about me doesn't happen often-unless I am joking about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment