Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's "weight loss" day

So apparently today is the day. I seriously need to lose weight. I want to lose weight. I just don't really TRY to lose weight. I often wonder why that is. I think it's because I'm afraid of failing....again. I hate putting effort into something for it to just not work. So I guess I decided it was time to try again. Last week I asked a friend if she wanted to be "work out buddies". Suggesting that she come to my house once she and I get off of work and work out. She said yes, but I still kind of thought maybe she didn't really want to. We never set a date or time in stone. I saw her last night and she said "when are we starting". She seemed pretty excited about it. I was kind of surprised but excited as well. We are starting TONIGHT. Now, the trick is going to be finding a work out that we both like and can actually do.
I know I need to lose a BIG number of pounds, but rather than totally setting myself up for failure, I am going to try to make several smaller goals. I think my first goal will be 30lbs. I know that's still a big goal...but it's small in comparison to what I'd really like to lose. They always say the first few are easiest to lose-if you actually try.
No I haven't behaved with anything I have eaten today, so maybe that will happen tomorrow.
If I do start losing weight I'll keep you posted. No I probably will never tell you my weight, but I will tell you how much I lose. I might never mention it again-if of course I fail! :(
Wish us Luck!

2 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT!! (think The Water Boy.)LOL Losing weight is just sucky any way you look at it. It's fun to gain, and total suckage to lose. I still have 10 or 15 before I hit my goal. The last ones are the hardest! I believe in you, April!!! And the only thing to do IF you fail, is to pick yourself up and try again. Go April, Go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Thanks Amy! Good luck with your last 10-15!

    ReplyDelete